If you experience a children’s dental emergency, the most important thing is to stay calm and act quickly. Call us right away on 1300 100 PDH (734) and we will do our best to see you promptly.
Our opening hours and locations are:
33 Princes Highway, Werribee VIC 3030
8.30am-5pm Monday to Thursday
If we are not open, please contact Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne, 720 Swanston Street, Carlton VIC 3053 (Telephone: 03 9341 1000).
If your child has a swollen face and high temperature due to a dental infection
A toothache may not sound like a children’s dental emergency until your child is experiencing it. Your child may be distressed and in pain. Here’s what to remember:
- Immediate attention is very important
- Contact us without delay
- If this happens outside of office hours then please contact the Royal Children’s Hospital at 50 Flemington Road, Parkville, VIC 3052 (Telephone: 03 9345 5522)
If your child has knocked a tooth
- Contact us so we can assess the dental injury and provide any dental treatment if required.
- If the tooth is broken, collect as many fragments as possible and bring them with you when you come to the practice.
If your child has knocked OUT a tooth
- If the tooth is a primary i.e. a baby or milk tooth then we DO NOT replace the tooth for various reasons. Store the tooth and contact us as soon as possible
- If the tooth is a permanent i.e. adult tooth then try to rinse the tooth in saline or milk and then put the tooth back into the socket. Attempt to hold the tooth by the crown without touching the root. If unsure then store the tooth in milk (avoid storing the tooth in water) and contact us as soon as possible.
- If it is outside of office hours then please contact the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne, 720 Swanston Street, Carlton VIC 3053 (Telephone: 03 9341 1000).