Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- The Medicare Child Dental Benefit Schedule (CDBS) provides access to benefits for basic dental services to children aged 2-17 years
- The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital
- All eligible children have access to a benefit cap of $1,000 over a two calendar year period.
- The CDBS has a means test, which requires receipt of Family Tax Benefit Part A or a relevant Australian Government payment.
- Families can check whether their child is eligible for the CDBS by contacting the Department of Human Services